Monday, February 2, 2015

February Already

Our recent convert received the priesthood this Sunday. He is preparing to go to the temple and perform baptisms on behalf of the dead this month.  The branch is really reaching out to him. I am so grateful for members who are helpful to recent converts, and I know that Christ is more thankful than I am. I am also grateful that we have a temple so close- because the spirit of the temple is powerful and it helps people to keep their testimony strong.

One of the recent converts in our branch received his mission call this week. We like to joke that we are his trainers because we take him tracting with us and we take him to lessons. We are so excited for him. I know the missionaries who taught him. They are still out, and they may be able to be there when he goes to the temple in a couple of months in preparation for his mission. That will be a great blessing to him and to them. I know they care about him a lot. Missionaries love all of the people they teach. We love watching them grow in their faith, and we love watching their lives change as they grow closer to Christ. We pray for them. If you are a convert- know that somewhere there is a missionary praying for you.

We have really been enjoying a new weekly service project at a nursing home here in town. We read the Bible and do Arts and Crafts with these sweet elderly people. They have great stories and amazing spirits and we have been spiritually filled as we've been able to work with them. If you have the opportunity to do something like that- take it. These wonderful people love visits even from strangers. They have much more to offer us than we give them.

I'm grateful for the members who have wrapped their arms around the people that we have been teaching. It makes a difference in their lives. It is our responsibility as disciples of Christ to "lift up the hands that hang down and strengthen the feeble knees" We also promised at baptism that we would "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" and that we would "stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places" (Mosiah 18). I know that when we do this, we are acting as the Lord's hands. We are helping Him reach out and embrace those around us. Thanks to all those who help others feel loved and welcome at church and in the community.


Transfers are next week, but I am probably staying. Sister Lindmeir is going home, though she would fight tooth and nail to stay if it would do her any good. She is one of the most converted missionaries I have ever met and it has been my privilege to serve with her. I know that she will do so well as a returned missionary. I know that she will continue to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am thankful for the opportunity I've had to serve with her in this area.

Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment