Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Worth It

This week's blog post is dedicated to all those who are preparing to serve a mission or who are facing a decision regarding their faith or discipleship.


This week in sacrament meeting we heard a talk from a young woman preparing to leave on her mission. I remembered preparing to come out here and serve. In my final talk in sacrament meeting (My wonderful bishop asked me to give several) I listed a few of the sacrifices that we make to serve the Lord. So did this young sister. We wake up at 6:30 every morning, talk to strangers, get doors slammed in our face and meet with our fair share of disappointments. She had a testimony already of the beautiful eternal principle of compensation. The Lord never ask us to do anything that He doesn't make worth the sacrifice. And we owe Him everything for what He has already done for us. We are eternally in His debt.

I also have a testimony of that principle. I know that The Lord asks us to do hard things because He love us. It is ALWAYS worth it.

I have never been as happy as I am today. As I am when I see that we have been guided by the spirit to be exactly where we needed to be and to say exactly what someone needed to hear. 

The Lord pays us in happiness. He gives us what we work for - and in that way we always get what we really want. It isn't because we earn our reward. It is because we show what we really want by the spirit we decide to follow. The Lord has already paid the price - but will we choose to take the gift that He offers?

I know that making the choice to serve the Lord sometimes goes against what I would naturally do - what sounds easy or fun or smart. But that is why we have to have the faith to do hard things. Not blind obedience, not being led by a blind guide, but the will to be true to the light that you DO have - even if you don't understand everything right now.


We receive no witness until after the trial of our faith. But I promise you that the witness comes. It always comes. You will never know unless you ask the Lord by trying it out and praying for answers. 

It is so worth it. And really, what do you have to lose? You have everything to gain.

Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment