Monday, June 15, 2015

Wrapping Up


This week was full of miracles. A dear sister that I have been teaching since December is closer than ever to baptism. She has a date and I think that she is going to make it. We were sick this week, and we rested a lot, but the time that we went out was highly productive. We still got a lot of work done and we got to visit many wonderful people and invite them to come closer to Christ. Even the time that we spent down helped us. Because of Sister Gresham's physical health challenges, she really needed a break to heal. I think Heavenly Father made us sick so she would be more inclined to rest.

A young woman who has been coming to church for several weeks has decided to take the missionary lessons.

We are pretty excited about that. Transfer calls came this week. Sister Moetala is going to Moses Lake. She is doubling-in to my first area. I got to give her a list of people that I'd like her to check on. I hope that it helps them. Sister Gresham is staying here and receiving the sister that Sister Owens just finished training. Sister Owens is going to be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Allred as her companion. I am filled with Joy.
It was hard to say goodbye to all of the people that I have loved and worked so closely with for almost 8 months. I kept it together though. I was pretty sad yesterday. Today I am doing okay. I've pretty much accepted that it's my time and I'm not upset about it anymore. I'm all packed. We cleaned our apartment really well this morning. My bags weigh far less than the 50 lb limit. Tonight I will go to the mission home with all of the other departing missionaries. The Sisters will sleep there tonight and we will fly out the next afternoon. Normally the missionaries get to go to the temple on Tuesday Morning, but some of the missionaries are flying out really early, so we don't get to go. Luckily our zone went last week.
I trust Sister Gresham with this area without hesitation. She is a hard working missionary and she loves the people we are serving, I have no doubt that many good things will continue to happen here.
I am sad to leave the mission, but I know that the Lord has a plan. Today I was reading Alma 29, where the prophet Alma writes that he wishes he were an angel and could just cry repentance all the time. He reminds himself, however, that the Lord made him the way he was and gave him the calling that he had for a reason. He makes the point that it is important to work hard in the responsibility that God gives to us and be happy in that. I was impressed by verses 9-10:
"9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

I suppose that I can be happy with the time that the Lord has given me. I will do my best to share the gospel throughout my life in many different church callings and life experiences. It is all going to be okay.
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen."- 1 Corinthians 16:23-24
"We also bear record; and ye know that our record is true. I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name." 3 John 1:12-14

Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment