Monday, June 1, 2015

Baptism Blue



 I always wear blue to baptisms. This week we also wore confirmation coral (why not?) to celebrate Laura's baptism! She's been  ready for a long time, so we were really excited for her. I am grateful for every person that I've been blessed to be able to teach in the past 18 months. I love each of them. Some of them didn't really need us, they were well fellowshipped by the members, they learned from attending church and personal scripture study long before we ever met them. Laura is one of those. I am grateful to have been able to be a tiny part of this process for her.

I've finally come to terms with the fact that I have to come home soon. I go to the mission home 2 weeks from today. That is pretty staggering. Sometimes I still have little mini silent freak-out moments. My companions usually notice and ask me if I'm okay. No. I'm not okay. I'm going home! But I prayed about it, and I know that if the Lord wanted me to wear this little black nametag for the rest of my life He wouldn't set it up this way. Also, how would I finance that? I couldn't.
I don't think I have any regrets. Not because I'm a perfect missionary, but because of the atonement. I try to repent really, really frequently.

We'll hope for a miracle and we'll plan on wearing blue one more time together this transfer. One of the people I taught that we gave to the family ward Elders in Prosser is supposed to be baptized on the 13th, so we will hope to be able to go up for that. We'll bring one of our investigators. It will be a good experience.
I gave you some pictures of my companions and I. The Young Women back home sent me Twinkies dressed as missionaries. They were both cute and delicious. 







​Thanks to everyone for your love and support. Have a wonderful day. Share the Gospel.
Love,
Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment