Sunday, June 21, 2015

Home Again

P-Day, mission home, airplane, airport. "welcome home" posters and cheering family and friends, the hot desert sun. A whirlwind of places and uncontrollable events found me back into the swing of things. I found my family, my house, my car, my friends... not quite the same as I left them.

It is strange being filled in on events that you missed. There is a little difference in the culture, or the status quo. It's hard to describe, but it's like my little society evolved and changed without me. People got married and people got divorced. Some are more active in their faith, some less.All of the babies I left behind are not toddlers, and many new babies have been born. Momentous life events happened and I wasn't there to change with everyone else. I can't just go in and interact quite the way that I always did. I have to adapt to a social climate slightly dissimilar from the one I had left. All of this change is not bad, nor was it entirely unanticipated. It is not surprising to find that life in the desert has continued on without me. It is only slightly difficult to get my bearings.

My little brother, Jordan is attempting to introduce me to the music that I have not yet been exposed to. It's a difficult process. Jordan likes Metalica and some new jazz-punk rock fusion called Ska. I'm sticking to my folk and soft rock for now.

I will be reporting on my mission in Sacrament meeting today. I've had my talk written for a while, and I'm not really nervous about public speaking at all anymore. I think it's going to go okay. Let's just hope that I get up there and deliver the same talk that I wrote.

I have to thank everyone who came to greet me at the church yesterday. I felt very loved. We have a great ward.

I've discovered that movies are a struggle. I have a hard time sitting that long. I still like them, and I am catching up on a few that I missed. It's just strange to go from such a busy schedule to almost no schedule at all.

It is good to see my family again. I can;t thank them enough for all the support they've given me.  I could never have had this experience without their support. It has meant the world to me.

You may not hear from me much this summer. We are going to be off and away to many places. So, if I don't get another post, thanks to everyone who's been reading and following me on this adventure. I love you and I am grateful for your prayers.

Love,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment