Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Greetings!

There are certain occasions that open people's hearts to the Holy Spirit and turn their thoughts toward Christ. In a world who's values are growing farther and farther from the commandments of God and a culture that tries to persuade us to turn our heads and deny the miracles and grace of our Father in Heaven, Easter is a bright light, and a needed reminder of God's love and His plan for His children. I know that most of these holidays came out of some pagan tradition and I've decided that I'll take anything that points people to Christ and use it for His work.
Honestly, I don't think that most people have forgotten what's right. I think that the media and the internet have a tendency to make the minority appear to be the majority (aside from all of the beautiful, useful things that they can be used for). Still, with Babylon screaming in your face day and night, it's good to have an excuse to talk about our Savior's love and our Father's plan.
Sister Gresham and I have been taking full advantage of the Easter season to share our message of the restored gospel. It was easier this year because General conference happened this weekend as well (another one of those occasions that we love to use to help people feel the Spirit and see how God works in our lives today.)  We've loved inviting people to watch as living prophets and apostles testified of the living Christ- just like prophets and apostles did anciently.
We also enjoyed Easter candy, flowers, and sunshine.
I love springtime. I love that the days are getting longer and that more people are outside. I love being the Lord's missionary- especially at Easter and at conference. We love watching conference and getting rebuked by the apostles and Spirit. Now I have all sorts of goals for the next few months. I have all sorts of new ideas about how the Lord needs me to be a better missionary and what He wants me to change. I've learned that there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. I think that's why we have transfers. Once you get comfortable, it's time to have a new growing experience.
Christ lives!! Have a wonderful week!!
Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment