Monday, March 30, 2015

Deja Vu

Here I am training again. Once again, it's my favorite calling. My new companion Sister Gresham is back out after a stint at home working out some health challenges, and she's super prepared. I love how well she knows the lessons, and how ready she is to teach and talk with everyone. She has no fear. Part of that might come from her bubbly and outgoing personality.


She is from California, where she was a theater student – similar to most of my group of friends back home. We get along pretty well.
She'd served in Richland before, so she's already familiar with the area.
One of our investigators got baptized this week after a long period of meeting with missionaries. She fought so hard for this, so we are really very happy for her. It was one of the sweetest moments watching her get what she had been working so hard for and thinking of how pleased our Father in Heaven is with her.




Sister Gresham and I got moved into an apartment that Elders lived in before but has been vacant for 3 months. The water is still a little brown sometimes, but we found crazy stuff in there like a sign that says "No girls allowed," and a beard hat. We took pictures with some of those things. The water is still brown sometimes, but it's getting better. We have been taking advantage of the food they left behind- Pop Tarts and frozen burritos. Yum.



Somehow I thought training this time would be very similar to the first time – but it's not. I have so many plans to do things differently this time, and of course my companion is very different. I love all of my companions so differently.
Training is still my favorite. I love helping new missionaries get the hang of things and helping them become comfortable in missionary work.
We are working hard to get everyone to conference so that they can have revelatory experiences listening to the living Apostles. The women's broadcast was amazing.
Check out this Easter Video: 

Happy Easter! Remember He lives!
Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment