Wednesday, November 26, 2014

STeaLing Joy

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Remember to give thanks in all times and in all circumstances- that's a pretty difficult thing to do (but so worth it).
My new assignment as a Sister Training Leader isn't as scary as I thought it would be – mostly because my new companion Sister Lindmeir is really dedicated. She is the hardest working missionary I have ever met. She actually trained Sister Allred (remember how we got doubled into Yakima?) and she's pretty great. We have a blast. She's just really bold and loving – also we are both quick-to-offend, slow-to-be-offended kind of people – so nothing I say bothers her and nothing she does ever bothers me. That's the best.
My post was late this week because we had a conference. In our church we have a priesthood position called "Seventy" (see Numbers chapter 11). One of the Seventy came and visited our mission and P-Day had to be rescheduled (but it was SO worth it). I learned so much. I came away with a determination to work harder, be better, and love more. I also got to see Sister Donnelly and Sister Owens again. Sister Owens is at 7.5 months now and it's great to see her doing so well (still in Zillah). I put her name in my scriptures next to Alma 17:3. I felt it quite applicable to our situation. I don't think there is a missionary in the field who loves her greenie as much as I love Sister Owens. I just want her to have the best mission ever and spend her whole life so dedicated to Christ.
At this Thanksgiving season, I am so grateful for the friends and family who support me. I am grateful for my companion, and the scriptures. I am grateful for my Savior most of all, and for a loving Father in Heaven who loves me no matter what.
I also think about what I was doing this time last year. I was getting ready to come out here and serve. I remember how different I was and how nervous I was and I remember all of the silly things I cared about then. I am grateful for everything that has changed in my life and I am grateful for all that the Lord has done to take care of my family at home – He does a better job than I ever could anyway.
I want you all to check out this video at:

Christmas.mormon.org

It's really great. It's there to remind us what all of this Christmas spirit is supposed to be about. I love the Christmas season. I love the decorations and the humble hearts.
Let's go work for Him.
Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment