Monday, October 20, 2014

The Spirit of the Scriptures

Something that I've noticed as I talk to people and as I share the Book of Mormon with them is that the Spirit follows the word of God and that people notice. As people read the Book of Mormon they find that they have more peace in their homes. They want to keep reading. They have a desire to have more of God's word in their lives.

The hardest part of conversion is always beginning. Whether we are repenting and learning to trust God for the first time, or coming back after a long period of diminished faith – Satan fights against our righteous desires. Picking up the scriptures seems impossible and totally unappealing. Coming to church seems daunting. Repentance seems beyond our capacity to endure. My promise is that the first step is the hardest, and that the blessings that you will receive will be far greater than any sacrifice that you make in an effort to serve the Lord.

As you try your hardest, Christ makes it possible. I promise that you can have a better life and more peace. You can feel closer to your Father in Heaven.

I am grateful that I have the scriptures in my life. I am grateful for the spirit that the Book of Mormon brings. I invite you to find out for yourself what blessings they can bring to your life. That is how you stay rooted in Christ and how you maintain a desire to repent and follow Christ's example.

Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment