Thursday, September 18, 2014

"You can do it now!"

The Elders left us conference CDs from last October. We found them in the car, and we have been listening to the talks in the car this week.

I was particularly touched by one form the Priesthood Session by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf called "You can do it now!"

In this Talk, President Uchtdorf reminds us that "our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward."

I love that, because sometimes we think that we are too fallen to be saved, too filthy to be made clean, and too lost to be found. Such thoughts of self-doubt cast doubt on the Savior's ability to heal us. Remember how important that faith is.

We have to have the faith. The first step is to believe that through Christ we can be cleansed from all sin.

We got to go to the temple today. That was a great blessing. I always find peace and strength in the temple.I come away with a renewed desire to follow my Savior and do my best as His messenger.

Being a missionary is the coolest, because we get to go out and remind people that they can get up again. We get to encourage people to rely on Christ and let them know just how much He wants to heal them.

The members continue to give us the names of their well loved friends to go and visit, which is nice because people appreciate our message a lot more when it comes from a person of who's love for them they are already sure. The members also continue to give us food. We got a cantaloupe, some tomatoes, a sweet pepper, an eggplant, and new drinking glasses this week.
I tell you, people love sister missionaries. It's really not fair how kind they are to us, not that I'm complaining. It's pretty nice.

I have to include a shout out to my brother and sister-in-law- who just had an anniversary. Congratulations!

Also, I am going to have some pictures soon because my wonderful father is sending me a camera. I am so spoiled.

I cannot express my gratitude to all of the people who've given me such support and so many prayers, and such love that my cup runneth over with blessings. Thanks to all who take such good care of me. Know that I thank my Heavenly Father for you and I ask Him to watch over you.


We are looking forward to a beautiful Autumn season here in the Yakima Valley. Be strong. Go read that talk, it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment