Monday, September 22, 2014

Support and Love

This week I discovered that I can see Mt Rainier from our area if you go out in the sticks – which is exactly where we were this week. I got some great pictures. It's especially cool because my Mom was hiking around the base of the mountain this week, so she walked through our stake boundaries. I like to imagine that she's in this picture. Just WAAAAAY too small to see.

I've been thinking a lot this week about all of the people I have at home supporting me. My mom have been a huge help, not only financially (though that contribution has been significant) but also emotionally. I remember that she was on a boat almost the entire time that I was in the MTC, but I still got 3 letters from her there. She sends me packages, she writes me frequently and I know she prays for each of her children every day. I know that missionary moms go through a lot.

My Sister, Lisa, has also been a huge help. She has emailed me more faithfully than anyone else, I think. And she updates my blog every week. Even with three kids (one a new baby) and preschool and responsibilities. She's been great.

I am so grateful for the letters I get from friends at home and family members. It means a lot to us when we get mail. It also means a lot to know that you are praying for us. I know it makes a difference.

I am grateful for all of the people who have contributed to my personal conversion. Their example is part of my testimony, in a way, that I can share with people.

This week is a great opportunity to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Please take advantage of this opportunity to be uplifted and to help others are we here from living Apostles and Prophets in General conference. The Women's broadcast is this Saturday evening, and the other sessions are next weekend.
Don't miss it.

Thank you all for all that you do!

Love,

Sister Caroline Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment