Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day Greetings

Not all of us come from perfect families and sometimes Mother's Day and Father's Day are a little bit difficult for people. I was blessed with parents that love me very much and I am grateful for the example and support that they give me. I couldn't be here without them. Their faithfulness gave me an opportunity to develop the testimony that I share. 

No matter what our circumstances, we all have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can imagine, who also gave us life and would love to hear from us. In the Spirit of Father's day and on every day- I invite us all to reach out and strengthen ties with our Heavenly Father. Spending a little bit of time with him through study and prayer, or in the temple, are the best ways I can suggest to do that. 

Heavenly Father has given us our families for this life and for eternity to watch over us, to help us to learn and grow, and to help us feel His love. 

While I am out here in the mission field, I cannot be with my family - but I know that the Lord gives them great blessings for the support that all of them give me. I love my dad, I am thankful for his love for me - he knows I have to be away right now. 

A missionary is a person who leaves their family for a little while so that other people can be with their families forever. 

Because the power given to prophets in the past has been restored to the Earth today - and we have a living prophet called of God, with power and authority from Jesus Christ - the power to seal families together for eternity is on the Earth today. 

Everyone needs to know about this. 

God lives. He speaks. He is our Father and He loves us more than we can imagine. Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. He makes it possible for us to find peace in this life and eternal happiness in the life to come. 

So thank your Father. 

Pictures from our temple trip yesterday:




No comments:

Post a Comment