Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Training It's Pouring

We had a baptism this week! A Wonderful woman we found on Christmas Eve named Rebecca was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Easter Sunday. It was such a great experience and lots of people from  the ward came out to support her. I am so happy for her and I know that this will help her throughout her whole life. 



It's a bittersweet ending to 3 great transfers in Moses Lake.  Sweet because I've seen our area grow so much in 4 months and I've grown to love the ward and the people that we teach, like my own family. Bitter because I have to say goodbye.

Eternal Truth for the day: Just when you get comfortable, the Lord calls you another way. He keeps us on our toes. He asks us to stretch. 

This one pertains to salvation. This life is about growing and becoming- so it's no surprise that I have to leave this area that I love so much and go do hard things so that I have to be humble and rely more on the Lord. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve in this little place. 

But I know that my next area will be a blessing as well.  I know that the Lord asks us to do far more than we can do alone. He asks the weak and inexperienced to do hard things so that we will do them in His way. I only hope that I can do that. This next transfer I'll be training a new missionary in Walla Walla, Washington. There are lots of sister missionaries in Walla Walla. We'll have lots of fun, I'm sure. This used to be an Elders' area so this will be all the more exciting. I know that the Lord will put us in the path of people there that need us and are ready for our message. 

 I hope that as I train I can rely on the resources the Lord has given to us like the scriptures, the words of the mission president, the white handbook, Preach My Gospel, and the advice of living prophets since my own experience is so limited. 

Also, this week was Easter Sunday! We had a great program in church. I love the Easter Hymns. We had a great Ward activity about the Passover and how it relates to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Sacrament (or the Lord's Supper as it is sometimes called). The ward showed us a lot of love and I got a package from a friend as well. These are some of the gifts we were given to us. I love these people so much!


We moved in with another member family this week. Just in time for me to pack up and move again.

Thanks for your love and support.

Love,

Sister Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment